Sunday 4 December 2011

Hello world...

Shamelessly pinching the WordPress opener to introduce myself...

My name's Ellen Collins and I'm a social researcher who has, for the past couple of years, worked on scholarly communications and information. I'm particularly interested in how researchers access and use information, and on what their changing (or in some cases, relentlessly unchanging) behaviours might mean for the future of scholarly communications.

I'm starting this blog to share some of my thoughts and ideas. It's not a place for finished products, and in fact I hope that the process of blogging will help me to better formulate my more formal outputs. I'd like it to become a place of conversation which helps me to refine ideas, sparks new ones and is generally a fairly interesting place to waste an occasional couple of minutes.

Hope that sounds good to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment